Famous People from Dallas
Born in Dallas Texas, Amy graduated from Lake Highlands High School and earned her bachelor’s degree in theater from Southern Methodist University. She has starred in many television shows and movies.
In 1978 Jensen Ackles was born in Dallas Texas. Jensen is most known for his role in the television series Supernatural.
Singer-songwriter, record producer and actress Erykah Badu was born on February 26 1971 in Dallas. Erykah graduates from Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts.
Tory Baker was born in Dallas Texas April 1st 1976. He is a voice actor, singer, and musician most famous for providing the voice in the game The Last of Us.
History of Dallas Texas
After leaving the area for a while, John Neely Bryan returned and in 1842 convinced several families in at Bird’s Fort to join him.
J. P. Dumas laid out a townsite comprising a half mile square of blocks and streets.
Dallas County founded in 1846.
First factory was established by a wagon making french immigrant named Maxime Guillot.
Samuel Pryor was elected the first mayor of Dallas.
Population had reached 3000 thanks in part the the migration of freed slaves.
Two rail services made it to Dallas. The Houston and Texas Central and the Texas and Pacific.
Most populous city in Texas in with 38,067 residents.
Oak Cliff annexed after numerous proposals.
Five people were killed and 4,000 were left homeless after a Trinity River flood.
Selected as the site for a Federal Reserve Bank.
Dallas became the 42nd largest city in the United States with a population of 158,976.
Oil is discovered in east Texas with Dallas Banks lending money to oil companies.
President John F Kennedy is assassinated while riding in a motorcade in Dealey Plaza.
Popular Soap Opera Dallas debuts.
Bank of America Plaza, tallest building in Dallas is opened.
Dallas population reaches 1,006,877
Dallas Area Rapid Transit begins operating the first light rail system in the Midwest.
5 Dallas Police Officers are killed during a deadly shootout in downtown Dallas.
|Total Area||996.67 (384.81 mi²)|
|Median Household Income||$47,285|
Latest Dallas Posts
- Atelier Luxury Apartments in Dallas Texas
- Hall Arts Residences and Hotel in Dallas Texas
- The Crossing in Dallas Texas
- The Legacy Midtown Park in Dallas Texas
- The Victor in Dallas Texas
- Streets of Dallas Fort Worth
- Comerica Bank Tower in Dallas Texas
- American Airlines Center in Dallas Texas
- La Quinta Inns & Suites in Dallas Texas
- Historic Brewery Building in Dallas
- West Commerce Gateway in Dallas Texas
- Shoreview Flats in Dallas Texas
- Jeffress Fountain Plaza in Dallas Texas
- Closed El Rancho in Dallas Texas.
- Chase Tower in Dallas Texas
- Fountain Place Tower in Dallas Texas
- Renaissance Tower in Dallas Texas
- Coming Soon! Marriott Hotel in Dallas Texas.
- Coming Soon! The Gabriella Apartments in Dallas Texas.
- Streets of Dallas I
- Historic Texas Theater in Oak Cliff, Dallas Texas
- The Sound in North Dallas Texas.
- Lake Cliff Park in Dallas Texas.
- Bishop Arts Apartments in Oakcliff, Dallas Texas
- Tornado Aftermath On Marsh Ln In Dallas Texas
- Closed. Wendy’s Damaged By a Tornado In Dallas Texas.
- Old Red Museum In Dallas Texas
- Coming soon! AMLI Fountain Place in Dallas Texas
- Dallas County Records Building Renovation In Dallas Texas.
- Bank of America Plaza: Dallas Texas
- Dealey Plaza: Dallas Texas
- Closed Shell in Dallas Texas
- Closed: Walgreens in Dallas Texas
- Lochland’s Food and Spirits in Dallas Texas
- Closed Albertsons store: Dallas Texas
- Closed City Hospital in Dallas Texas
- Office Building Construction in Dallas Texas
- Closed Long John Silvers: Dallas Texas
- Closed La Jaivita seafood restaurant in Dallas Texas
- The Bluff Platinum Homes: Dallas Texas
- Tornado Damaged Home Depot: Dallas Texas
- Ronald Kirk Pedestrian Bridge: Dallas, TX