The Dallas Fort Worth Metropolitan area is also known as the Metroplex or DFW and is the fourth largest metropolitan area in the United States. DFW has the highest net migration in the United States of America and a population of more than seven million. DFW also has 58 places with a population of 10,000 or more, 144 with less than 10,000 and a GDP of 480 billion in 2018. New, upcoming and old urban construction projects are the focus of SprawlTag.com.
Statistics extracted from data.census.gov
DFW Cities With Over 100,000 People
Dallas is the 3rd largest city in Texas and the most populous in the Dallas Fort Worth Metropolitan area. The City has a council-manager government with 14 members and a city manager.
Fort Worth is the 5th largest city in Texas and the 2nd most populous in the Dallas-Fort worth Metropolitan Area. Fort Worth has a council manager government with 8 council members.
Arlington is the 7th most populous city in Texas and the 3rd in the Dallas- Fort worth metropolitan area. The city has a council of eight members and the mayor presides over them.
Plano is the 9th most populous city in Texas and the 4th in the Dallas -Fort Worth Metropolitan. Plano has eight council members led by a mayor.
Garland is the 12th most populous city in Texas and the 5th in the Metroplex. It is run by an 8 member council led by a mayor. Garland has a total area of 52.75 square miles.
Irving was founded in 1903 and is the 13th most populous city in Texas. Irving is led by a Mayor, City Manager and 8 council members. The city has an area of 67.97 square miles.
Frisco is one of the fastest growing city in the Unites States and a northern suburb of Dallas. Frisco had a total area of 69.19 square miles. It is run by 6 council members, a Mayor and City Manager.
McKinney is the 19th most populous city in Texas. It has a total area of 67.70 square miles. McKinney has a Mayor and 7 council members.
Grand Prairie incorporated as a city in 1909 and is located in both Dallas and Tarrant counties. The city has a total area of 81.47 square miles. Grand Prairie is a council manager city with a mayor and a city manager.
Denton is the 24th most populous city in Texas and is located in the northern part of the Dallas Fort Worth Metropolitan area. Denton has a total area of 97.95 square miles and has a council manager government.
Mesquite is a city located to the east of Dallas in the Dallas and Kaufman counties. It has a total area of 47.22 miles and a council manager government. The city was incorporated in 1887.
Carrollton is a city located in the three counties of Dallas, Denton and Collin. The city has a total of 37.43 square miles and was incorporated in 1913. Carrollton has a council manager government.
Richardson has a total area of 28.66 square miles and is located in Dallas and Collin counties. Richardson has a council manager type of government.
Lewisville is located in Denton county with a total area of 43.22 square miles. It is the 33rd most populous city in Texas and has a council manager type government.
Allen is located in Collin county with a total area of 26.49 square miles. Allen has a council manager government with a Mayor and 6 council members.
DFW Cities With Over 10,000 People
|Flower Mound||Mansfield||North Richland Hills||Rowlett|
|Cedar Hill||Keller||Rockwall||The Colony|
|Colleyville||Sachse||Bulch Springs||University Park|
|White Settlement||Seagoville||Highland Village||Crowley|
|Celina||Addison||Mineral Wells||Royse City|
|Red Oak||Glenn Heights||Alze||Forest Hill|
Flower Mound has 44.48 square miles of land area and is north west of Dallas. The city was incorporated in 1961.
Mansfield is located 20 miles from Fort Worth and 30 miles from Dallas. It has 36.66 square miles of land area.
North Richland Hills
North Richland Hills is the third largest city in Tarrant County behind Fort Worth and Arlington. It has a total area of 18.21 square miles.
Euless is a part of the Mid-Cities region with a total area of 16.20 square miles. A part of DFW Airport is in Euless city limits.
Grapevine has a total area of 35.77 square miles and the largest portion of DFW airport. It has a mayor and a city council.
Little Elm is a fast growing city in Denton county. It is 22.09 square miles.
Wylie is located in Collin County. It has a land area of 37.29 square miles and a council-manager form of government.
DeSoto is in Dallas County. It is one of the oldest communities in North Texas and is led by a mayor and a six member council.
Bedford is in North East Tarrant County. It was a city manager and a seven member council led by the mayor.
- New! Hanger 19 Apartments in Fort Worth Texas
- Closed! Walmart in Dallas Texas
- Coming Soon! WNB Factory Restaurant in Irving Texas
- 11 Famous People Born in Dallas Texas
- New! Storage 365 In Euless Texas
- Coming Soon! Fairfield By Marriot in McKinney Texas
- Closed! Taco Bueno Restaurant in Lewisville Texas
- New! Popeyes Restaurant in Dallas Texas
- New! Liquor Warehouse In Denton Texas
- Closing Soon Stein Mart Discount Store in Dallas Texas
- New! King’s Crab Shack restaurant in Garland Texas
- New! Spice 6 Indian Restaurant in Irving Texas
- Coming Soon! The Residences at 3000 Bardin in Grand Prairie
- New! Inkwell Watters Creek Apartments in Allen Texas
- Now Closed Taco Cabana in Hurst Texas.
- Now Closed Plymouth Park Shopping Center
- Coming Soon! The Isaac Apartments in Frisco
- Now Closed Osaka Steak and Sushi in Plano Texas
- New La Z Boy Furniture Store in Fort Worth Texas
- New 101 Elm Apartments in Waco Texas
- CareNow Urgent Care in Irving Texas
- Lucky Texan in Irving Texas
- Wallis and Baker Apartments in Grapevine Texas
- Westport Lakeview Villas in The Colony Texas
- Springhill Suites in Waco Texas
- The Crossings at Hard Rock in Irving Texas
- Vale Frisco Apartments in Frisco Texas
- Homewood Suites in Fort Worth Texas
- New Dunkin’ Donuts in Hurst Texas
- Atelier Luxury Apartments in Dallas Texas