Fort Worth Texas
History of Fort Worth
June 6, Camp Worth was established to protect Texas settlers from Native American attacks and named in honor of Mexican–American War hero William J. Worth. Because of it’s location, the city is often been called where the west begins.
The United States War Department officially named the post Fort Worth on November 14.
Stagecoach service Butterfield Overland Mail and the Southern Pacific Stage Line used the town as a western terminus on the California route.
After the Civil War Fort Worth’s population decreased to 175.
The Texas and Pacific Railway arrives in Fort Worth.
Fort Worth is the 5th largest city in Texas with a population of 26,668.
Swift and Armour meatpacking plants open.
First Baptist Church was burnt down. The church was led by Baptist preacher J. Frank Norris who was against racetrack gambling.
Amon Carter Field Airport begins serving Fort Worth until 1974.
November of 1963, President John F. Kennedy spent the last night of his life at the former Hotel Texas.
March 8 a tornado struck downtown Fort Worth killing 2 people and damaging skyscrapers.
Fort Worth’s Famous People
Bob Schieffer grew up in Fort Worth and is an alumnus of North Side High School and Texas Christian University (TCU) In 1963 Bob gave Lee Harvey Oswald’s mother a ride to the Dallas police station after the assassination of JFK.
The late Bill Paxton was born in Fort Worth Texas in 1955. Paxton was an alumnus of Arlington Heights High School. He appeared in many big movies like Titanic, The Terminator, Tombstone and True Lies.
Singer-songwriter Kelly Clarkson was born in Fort Worth in 1982. Clarkson graduated from Burleson High School in 2000. In 2002 she won American Idol singing competition.
Former U.S. Ambassador to Australia Tom Schieffer was born in Fort Worth in 1947. Tom is an alumnus of Arlington Heights High School.
Gospel Singer- Songwriter Kirk Franklin was born in Fort Worth in 1970. Franklin studied music at O. D. Wyatt High School.
Latest Fort Worth Posts
- Before DFW Airport, There Was GSW AirportA drive down Amon Carter Blvd on the eastern tip of
- New! Salad And Go On Hulen Street In Fort Worth TexasA new Salad And Go drive-thru restaurant is currently now open in Fort Worth Texas. Th
- Now Open! Hawaiian Bros Island Grill Restaurant In Fort Worth TexasFort Worth’s closed Taco Cabana in the Presidio Towne Crossing shopping mall is being converted into a new Hawaiian Bros
- New! Avid Hotel in Fort Worth TexasNew! Avid Hotel in Fort Worth Texas A new Hotel is
- New! 151 Coffee Shop In Fort Worth TexasFort Worth has a new 151 Coffee shop which has been open since late 2020. The new 151 Coffee…
- New! Lisa’s Chicken Restaurant In Fort Worth TexasThe old Wendy’s on North Freeway and Sandshell Drive in Fort Worth is now a Lisa’s Chicken and seafood restaurant.
- New! Living Spaces Furniture Store In Fort Worth TexasFar north Fort Worth now has a new Living Spaces furniture store near the intersection of Interstate 35 West…
- Five Reasons To Visit The Fort Worth Stock Yards5 Reasons To Visit The Fort Worth Stock Yards A visit
- New! Patriot Pointe Apartments in Fort Worth TexasPatriot Pointe Apartments in Fort Worth Texas A new apartment Complex
- New! Homewood Suites in Fort Worth TexasHomewood Suites in Fort Worth Texas Currently under construction in Fort
- 10 Famous People From Fort Worth Texas10 Famous People From Fort Worth Texas Bob Schieffer Bob Schieffer
- Now Leasing! Hanger 19 Apartments in Fort Worth TexasHanger 19 Apartments in Fort Worth Texas Hanger 19 is a
- New! La Z Boy Furniture Store in Fort Worth TexasLa Z Boy Furniture Store in Fort Worth Texas New to
- New! SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Fort Worth TexasSpringHill Suites by Marriot in Fort Worth is now open in
- Jefferson River East in Fort Worth TexasJefferson River East is new in Fort Worth Texas. The new
- JFK Tribute in Downtown Fort Worth TexasJFK Tribute in Fort Worth Texas is located at the foot
- Streets of Dallas Fort Worth In 2020Texas has some of the best infrastructure in the United States.
- New! AC Hotel Marriott in Fort Worth TexasNew AC Hotel Marriott is coming to downtown Fort Worth Texas
- New! CVS Pharmacy in Fort Worth TexasNew CVS location in Fort Worth Texas. The pharmacy is located
- New! Longhorn Steakhouse in Fort Worth TexasNew LongHorn Texas restaurant almost complete in Fort Worth Texas. In
- Water Towers In Northern TexasHere are some of the water towers in the Dallas Fort
- New! Hyatt Place in Fort Worth TexasHyatt Place Hotel In Fort Worth Texas is now open. Located
- Closed! Noah’s Event Venue in Fort Worth Texas.This week weddings chain Noah’s Event Venue went out of business
- Presidio at River East in Fort Worth TexasNew Apartments 5 minutes from downtown Fort Worth Texas. View from
- Riverside Park in Fort Worth TexasRiverside Park along West Fork Trinity River close to downtown Fort
- Extra Space Storage in Fort Worth TexasNow open! Extra Space Storage in Fort Worth Texas. Uploading Processing
- Coming Soon! Alleia At Presidio Apartments in Fort Worth TexasComing Soon! Alleia At Presidio Apartments in Fort Worth
- Closed Boston’s Restaurant in Fort Worth TexasClosed Boston’s Restaurant and Sports Bar in Fort Worth Texas Uploading
- Closed Texas Health Emergency Room: Fort Worth TexasClosed Texas Health Emergency Room in Fort Worth Texas. Uploading Processing
- Coming Soon: The Key Church, Fort Worth TexasConstruction to relocate The Key Church in Fort Worth Texas. Uploading
- American Airlines Headquarters: Fort Worth, TXAmerican Airlines Headquarters: Fort Worth, TX
|Total Area||914.58 (353.12 mi²)|
|Median Household Income||$57,309|