San Antonio-based H-E-B will open another location in the Metroplex in 2023. The popular supermarket chain recently opened the first 2 in Frisco and Plano both Collin County cities. This will be the third in the same county.
The site chosen is on the northeast corner of Eldorado Parkway and Custer Road, which divides Frisco from McKinney. This is the major development on this site next to Rowlett Creek.
- H-E-B was founded in 1905 by Florence Butt
- Her son, Howard E. Butt, later took over the store and used his initials for the store name.
- H-E-B is headquartered in San Antonio Texas.
- The privately owned supermarket has over 400 locations including over 50 in Mexico.
- McKinney was ranked the nation’s fastest-growing city 3 times in the 2010s.
- William Davis, gave 120 acres to the new town of McKinney in 1849.
- McKinney had a population of 202,690 in 2021 up from 54,369 in 2000.