Irving’s new Albertsons is nearly complete and will open soon in the Shady Grove Plaza shopping center. Albertsons new store is on the southeast corner of West Shady Grove and Story Road, next to other big brand stores and fast food restaurants like Family Dollar, Cicis Pizza, Subway, and Aaron’s Furniture Store.
The new supermarket is replacing Fiesta Mart which closed in 2019. When the 50,000-square-foot location was opened in the 1970s, it was a Minyard Food Store. Approximately $250,000 has been spent renovating the building.
Clear historical aerial images of the area date back to 1958 when the area was sparsely developed. Within 10 years, new homes were being built around Lake Vilbig. Shady Grove Plaza was built in 1974.
- Founded in 1939 by Joe Albertson.
- Albertsons was founded and is headquartered in Boise, Idaho.
- They have over 2200 stores.
- The grocery company is the second-largest supermarket chain in North America after Kroger.
- Stores range in size between 50,000 and 70,000 square feet.
More updates coming soon…
2200 W Shady Grove Rd, Irving, TX 75060