Highway 287 and Broad Street’s southeast corner will be home to the first H-E-B in Tarrant county. H-E-Bs new store will anchor a new shopping center being developed by Lincoln Property Company.
Historical images of the site going back to 1956 show development on the location until the early 1960s when two structures were built. Currently no opening date has been announced.
- The company was founded in 1905 by Florence Butt
- Her son, Howard E. Butt, later took over the store and used his initials for the store name.
- H-E-B is headquartered in San Antonio Texas.
- The privately owned supermarket has over 400 locations including over 50 in Mexico.
- The city’s name is a combination of the founder’s names: Ralph Sandiford Mann and Julian Feild.
- The area that became Mansfield was originally known as Walnut Creek after a creek in the area.
- In 2020, Mansfield had a population of 72,602. Up from 28,031 in 2000.
1600 E Broad Street, Mansfield, TX 76063