Target will be opening a new location at the Danbury Fair mall. Danbury’s new store will be a two-level, 126,000-square-foot store in the space formerly occupied by Sears which was closed in 2020. Danbury Fair.
Danbury Fair Mall was opened in 1986 and has over 190 stores. It was built on the same location as the Danbury Fair.
- The Danbury area was occupied by Algonquian-speaking Native Americans before being settled by colonists in 1685.
- Danbury is the seventh largest city in Connecticut
- It was the center of the American hat industry in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
- Danbury has a total area of 44.3 square miles.
- Target is the eighth largest retailer in the United States
- The company operates over 1900 stores in the United States.
- The First store was opened in Roseville, Minnesota.
- Established as the discount division of Dayton’s department store in Minneapolis in 1962.
7 Backus Ave, Danbury, CT 06810