Jersey City might soon have a new Target store in the Stadium Plaza Shopping Center on the city’s west end. The location was once home to a Big K-Mart store which closed in 2018, almost 40 years after Stadium Plaza Shopping Center was opened.
If the project is approved it will be to the west of the New Jersey Route 440 and Kellogg Street intersection.
Interesting Jersey City Facts
- Jersey City is the second most populous city in New Jersey after Newark.
- The native American Leni Lenape people were the first to inhabit the area that is now Jersey City.
- In the 17th century the area was part of the Dutch colony, New Netherland.
- Richard Varick and Jacob Radcliff helped to layout the street as they are today.
- Jersey City had a population of 262,652 in 2020, up from 247,597 at the 2010 United States census.
321 NJ-440, Jersey City, NJ 07305
Check Out These Other Developments